My little Krishna 2019


A very Happy Krishnastami to all of you......



This is the day when LORD KRISHNA was born....how can any one forget this day and the naughty little  boy with whom every Mom wants to compare their kids with.... but along with little Krishna we should also remember the girl who was born on the same day and sacrificed her life for good.....YOGAMAYA. I came to know(from Google search) that there is only One temple for Yogamaya  in the entire word which is situated in Mehrauli, New Delhi.

In some places people celebrate this day by breaking UTTI, it’s a mud pot filled with flattened rice, jagerry, curd and other items and tied high in between two poles with ropes. Especially youth compete among themselves to break it. Some people also form human pyramid to break it. In our childhood, we used to wait eagerly to see who breaks it and win a prize and of course for the Prasadam which is flattened rice mixed with roasted Chana and jagerry they distribute to all after successful completion of this Utti celebrations.

Now a days school kids are dressing up as Krishna & Radha and celebrate this auspicious day. Every Mom dresses their little ones as Krishna and make them leave footsteps( kids dip their feet in a paste prepared by Riceflour and water)in the house.

I too want to  dress up my baby girl(younger one) as Krishna but I don’t have any items handy, I thought it may not be possible this year. I can’t simply give up without trying, so I want to make it happen with what I have. Luckily my elder son have some coloured sheets and sketches with him. That’s it those are enough, I prepared a crown, peacock feather, Flute and shoulder belts. Ornaments are ready in just 15 minutes.



I used white kanduva ( a white coloured towel with golden border) to make dhoti. I just tied around her waist and took one loose end  from the middle of the legs and pinned it back. Nothing more than that to make it look like a dhoti for baby. I also tied a blouse piece to her waist to cover the folds of Kandula. Tied all handmade paper ornaments. Everything was tied not so tightly or loose just to baby comfort level. Used my necklace, I must admit it looks fabulous on her.

Now our little Krishna is ready to eat butter...  







Hope you like it............

Please do watch my other posts also.


 I would love to see your comments on this, and if you have any ideas or suggestions to make it better - or any doubts  -  please feel free to mention them in the comments box below. I will definitely do my best to help!

Keep Watching .........Keep Crafting

Have a great day........ Bye......


- Vydehi






Comments